We are always looking for new members to get involved and join movement to protect and expand the public healthcare system in Ontario. For more information on how to become a member, please visit the contact us page.
Who We Are, and What We Do
We are a non-partisan, community-based coalition of individuals and groups. As a local chapter of the Ontario Health Coalition (OHC), we advocate for improvements to our universal public health care system.
We Advocate For:
- Funding our hospitals at a level that will restore capacity and reopen outpatient services to meet the needs of the community
- Building capacity and improving levels of care in public long-term care facilities
- Home care to be a public, non-profit service that is adequately funded
- Supporting and expanding Community Health Centres
- Publicly financed and operated community hospitals, including the new Civic Campus in Ottawa. No extra billing in private clinics
- Rebuilding accountable democratic governance of our hospitals and long-term care facilities
Ottawa Health Coalition calls for an end to Austerity Budgets: Adequate Health Care Funding–No P3 Civic Campus Development
E.R. Doctors refer to a “beleaguered ” hospital system. Toronto Star Editorial calls for tax reform: “The result of all of this is that governments have less revenue to do what’s needed, our tax system is less progressive and corporations pay a reduced share for our public goods and services even as their profits continue to break records.”Continue reading
Why Canadians Should Oppose Dr. Brian Day: All Canadians Deserve the Health Care They Need Not Just What They Can Afford
You can help stop the dismantling of our public health care by sharing information with your friends on social media. […]Continue reading
Ottawa Health Coalition presents to the Ontario Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs: Put an end to 9 consecutive years of real dollar budget cuts to our hospitals. No discredited P3 funding model for the new Civic Campus of The Ottawa Hospital
Ottawa Health Coalition Submission to the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs Ontario Auditor General expresses concerns over wait […]Continue reading
Presentation to the Ontario pre-budget consultation committee
And the answer is: Stop Cutting Our Hospitals!
Release More than 94,000 Ontarians Join in Grassroots Referendum to Stop Devastating Hospital CutsContinue reading