We are always looking for new members to get involved and join movement to protect and expand the public healthcare system in Ontario. For more information on how to become a member, please visit the contact us page.
Who We Are, and What We Do
We are a non-partisan, community-based coalition of individuals and groups. As a local chapter of the Ontario Health Coalition (OHC), we advocate for improvements to our universal public health care system.
We Advocate For:
- Funding our hospitals at a level that will restore capacity and reopen outpatient services to meet the needs of the community
- Building capacity and improving levels of care in public long-term care facilities
- Home care to be a public, non-profit service that is adequately funded
- Supporting and expanding Community Health Centres
- Publicly financed and operated community hospitals, including the new Civic Campus in Ottawa. No extra billing in private clinics
- Rebuilding accountable democratic governance of our hospitals and long-term care facilities
Save the Services That save Us!
Stadium Rally in Ottawa Saturday, December 7th @ 11 a.m. TD Place Arena, Lansdowne Park LET’S STAND TOGETHER AND INSIST […]Continue reading
Federal Election Forum
Sunday Oct.6, 2 PM, 233 Gilmour St. PSAC Building What Federal action is needed for Long Term Care, Pharmacare and for […]Continue reading
Resource Link to Ontario Health Coalition Analysis Of Ford’s Cuts and Privatization Agenda
BLOG POST: Protect Our Local Health Care from Mega-mergers & Privatization Natalie Mehra on Bill 74Continue reading
Stop Ford’s Drive to Privatize Our Healthcare: Ottawa Town Hall Sunday April 7th, 2-4 pm Ottawa Public Library Main Branch 120 Metcalfe St.
The Ford government is proposing massive restructuring to hospitals, long term care, home care, and community care, and more. Download Ottawa Town Hall Poster HereContinue reading
Expand and Improve Our Public Healthcare: No more Cuts or Privatization
OHC Submission to Pre -Budget Committee January 2019 Hallway Medicine, It Can Be Fixed: Ottawa Report – OCHUContinue reading
Long Term Care is a Municipal Issue: OHC Town Hall Monday September 17th
Click for Town Hall Flyer You are invited to an open public meeting with an expert panel on long term […]Continue reading
OHC Hosts Election Forum Wednesday May 23rd
May 23rd Election Forum FlyerContinue reading
Vote For Public Health Care on June 7th: Key Issues Identified
Ontario Election 2018 Leaflet Brochure de l’élection de 2018 de l’OntarioContinue reading